How We Think
Redwood is recognized for its innovative thinking and its ability to satisfy unique needs that arise in the portfolios of investors. That’s because we:
- Listen closely to investors and their advisors to identify specific investment challenges that they face
- Study global macroeconomic and secular investment trends to identify untapped opportunities that can deliver investment returns not tied to conventional market returns
We identify boutique fund managers with unique and flexible mandates, a track record for adding value, and interests that align with yours.
From a unique approach to bond investing, to exploring undiscovered opportunities in emerging markets, we select each manager for their success in a specialized area of investment — one that can fill a neglected niche in investor portfolios and asset allocation strategies.
What we look for in an investment manager:
- Specialist managers with innovative investment solutions
- Personally invested in the success of their mandates, and their firm
- Proven track record, with a repeatable process
- Asset size advantage versus multi-billion dollar funds
- Ability to add value in less efficient markets
- Experienced portfolio managers who are invested alongside you