Redwood U.S. Preferred Share Fund
- FX Hedged
- Non-FX Hegded
- FUND DOCUMENTS
A fundamental, active approach that combines bottom-up credit research and top-down structural analysis to invest in high-quality U.S. preferred securities across both the institutional US$1,000-par and retail US$25-par markets.
Why This Fund Is Relevant
- U.S. preferred securities can provide a high-yielding alternative to investment-grade bonds, but the majority of issues are restricted to over-the-counter trading by large institutional investors and are inaccessible to Canadian investors.
- Redwood U.S. Preferred Share Fund provides access to investment-grade preferred securities across the institutional US$1,000-par and retail US$25-par markets. The Fund uses an active, fundamental approach to identify high-quality securities and opportunistically capture inefficiencies between the two markets caused by volatility, liquidity and technical factors.
- The result: An exclusive, high-quality income strategy that enhances portfolio diversification
- Attractive investment-grade income alternative with the opportunity for positive, risk-adjusted total returnsns.
- Access to the U.S. preferred securities institutional market.
- Actively managed portfolio based on “top-down' analysis and “bottom-up” issuer and credit research.
- Discretionary duration hedging to manage interest rate risk and provide a smoother ride for investors in a rising-rate environment.
- Managed by Nuveen Asset Management, a global leader in fixed-income management with deep expertise in navigating the U.S. preferred securities markets.
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with investment funds. Investment funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns including changes in unit value and reinvestment of all distributions and do not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or operational charges or income taxes payable by any unitholder that would have reduced returns. Nothing in any commentary should be considered a recommendation to buy or sell a particular security. The Fund may sell these securities at any time, or purchase securities that have previously been sold. The securities may increase or decrease in value after the date hereof, and the Fund may accordingly gain or lose money on the investment in the securities. Please read the prospectus before investing. The opinions expressed are provided by the portfolio manager responsible for the management of the Fund’s investment portfolio, as specified in the Fund’s prospectus. Unless otherwise stated, the source for data cited in any commentary is the portfolio manager. The statements by the portfolio managers in their commentaries are intended to illustrate their approach in managing the funds, do not necessarily reflect the views of Redwood Asset Management Inc.