Redwood Emerging Markets Dividend Fund
- FUND DOCUMENTS
A high-conviction, active approach and a focus on downside protection to provide diversified exposure to emerging markets with less risk.
Why This Fund Is Relevant
- While emerging markets can provide investors with diversification and high growth potential, the risks are absolute. That's why long-term active management is a better way to reduce risk than investing in a passive emerging markets index strategy.
- Redwood Emerging Markets Dividend Fund is a smart way to add exposure to high-quality, income-generating companies in developing countries, without the high volatility.
- The result: A risk-managed way to participate in high-growth markets, with a steady source of income.
- Lower volatility and lower correlation approach to emerging markets achieved by focusing on companies that grow free-cash flow and dividends
- Value-oriented approach with a focus on downside protection
- May take a contrarian stance, opportunistically investing in high-quality, sustainable companies when country of domicile is out of favour
- Specialist manager with a long-term track record of successful investing in emerging markets
Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with investment funds. Investment funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns including changes in unit value and reinvestment of all distributions and do not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or operational charges or income taxes payable by any unitholder that would have reduced returns. Nothing in any commentary should be considered a recommendation to buy or sell a particular security. The Fund may sell these securities at any time, or purchase securities that have previously been sold. The securities may increase or decrease in value after the date hereof, and the Fund may accordingly gain or lose money on the investment in the securities. Please read the prospectus before investing. The opinions expressed are provided by the portfolio manager responsible for the management of the Fund’s investment portfolio, as specified in the Fund’s prospectus. Unless otherwise stated, the source for data cited in any commentary is the portfolio manager. The statements by the portfolio managers in their commentaries are intended to illustrate their approach in managing the funds, do not necessarily reflect the views of Redwood Asset Management Inc.